I hope to work with an organization that merges my values with my career. I intend to grow personally and professionally within each opportunity.
Graduated May 2000 – University of Florida
B.S. of Recreation, Parks and Tourism Management
- Emphasis in Natural Resource Management
- Concentration in Ecotourism
- Minor in Education
- Graduated with Honors
- 3.21 GPA
2006 – Present: U.S. Marine Corps
Tactical Data Network Specialist – MOS 0656
The United States Marine Corps provides safety and freedom for the American public.
- The installation and configuration of Marine Corps hardware and Marine Corps authorized common suite operating software.
- The installation and configuration of workstation and server operating systems.
- The installation and configuration of messaging systems.
- The installation, operation and maintenance of Local Area Networks (LAN) and equipment, trouble-shooting techniques, and information assurance.
- Responislbe as Administrator and to maintain unit website (forward deployed and in garrison).
- Acted as unit SharePoint Administrator.
- Managed the SharePoint portal build with input from ten (10) user groups with disparate and shared needs.
- 1st BN, 5th MAR, 1st MARDIV: Assistant Data Chief, Website Administrator (deployed and garrison), and SharePoint Administrator.
- MCCES: Company office phone and computer-related duties.
- MCCES – TACTICAL DATA NETWORK SERVER COURSE (TNSC) – MOS 0656: Top in class. Meritoriosly promoted to Lance Corporal.
- Marine Combat Training: Squad Leader
- Boot Camp: Company Scribe (Created database for tracking over 300 data points, for India Company Drill Instructors and staff.)
- Boot Camp: Created tools to streamline Grad Packs and daily tasks.
- Top in Class: Corporals Course, Highest scores in all categories (academic score – 99.3%, highest PFT – 299 (Dec 2007)
- Marine of the Quarter: H&S Company (Q2, 2007)
- Meritorious Promotion: PFC to LCpl, 20 Jan, 2007 (Top in class, composite score)
- Top in Class: MOS School, Highest scores in all categories (academic score – 98.7%, highest PFT – 295, Commander’s Points – 15 of 15)
- Warrior’s Award: Peer nomination for ‘Top Marine’ in class
Marine Corps Institute (MCI) Courses:
- Fundamentals of Marine Corps Leadership: CourseNumberHere – 92%
- Financial Management: CourseNumberHere – 92%
- CourseNameHere3: CourseNumberHere – 92%
- Math for Marines: CourseNumberHere – 92%
- M-16A2 Service Rifle: CourseNumberHere – 80%
Basic Trainng Record Scores:
- PFT: 295
- Swim: 2nd Class
- Rifle: Expert (222)
- IPHABD – Intermediate Passenger Helicopter Aircrew Breathing Device: 20070319-20110718
- HMMWV Driver: With up-armored upgrade.
2005 – 2006 – Acxiom Insight, An Acxiom Company
Acxiom Insight provides public record access technology that helps Americans protect themselves, their businesses and their communities from risk. Whether it’s the national authorities looking for terrorists, skip tracers attempting to locate debtors or banks preventing identity fraud, Acxiom Insight offers the data and technology to get the job done.
- Executive level, database access sales and data analytics consultation
- New lead generation, cultivation, and consummation (full sales cycle responsibility)
- Account management, direct client contact, and customer support
- Track sales and monitor campaign effectiveness
- Batch, API Gateway/XML, & online product sales
- Provide batch analytics and consultation
- Created automated analytics tools
- Top new Sales Associate < 120 days (October 2005)
2001 – 2005 – Finali, A Convergys Company
Finali, a Convergys Company, provides Business Process Outsouricing (BPO) via multi-channeled customer support using digital, socially intelligent agents, chat, email and phone to a variety of vertical markets, while providing root-cause analysis metrics to improve business processes and reduce low value contacts.
Technical Trainer (3/2005 – 5/2005)
- Promoted to develop, maintain, and deliver technical training materials for outsourced accounts, including the nation’s largest exclusively-focused hosted eMessaging provider and the world’s leading provider of interactive in-room entertainment, information and business services for the lodging industry
- Direct consultative client contact at executive level
- Significant client interaction to manage training development projects and information roll out
Client Operations Analyst / Supervisor (5/2004 – 2/2005)
- Promoted into sole supervisory role for remote, 24×7 technical assistance group (24 agents), providing leadership to a team of customer service representatives, while continuing to provide excellent support for client service agreements
- Direct client contact at executive level and regular communication in a consulting role
- Assisted in closing two new lines of business with existing customer
- Created volume forecasting model, which was accurate to 0.05%
- Managed escalated issues, provide performance coaching, communicate quality standards, administer policies and procedures, management of payroll/timesheet reporting, and manage interviewing process
- Track customer contacts by category and provide a summary to client and analytics team, while offering suggestions to analytics team designed to streamline client and departmental processes to improve customer satisfaction and work environment
- Managed logistics of comprehensive training documentation project involving both client and contact center human
- Very active member of the company Activity Committee and Book Club – Planned three all-staff holiday parties and three annual peer awards ceremonies
Senior eSpecialist (Assistant Supervisor) (10/2002 – 5/2004)
- Promoted into lead technical assistance role to assist in providing leadership to a team of customer service
representatives while continuing to provide excellent support for clients
- Manage escalated issues, provide performance coaching, communicate quality standards, administer policies and procedures, management of payroll/timesheet reporting, and participate in the interviewing process
- Track customer contacts by category and provide a summary to management, while offering suggestions to management designed to streamline departmental and company processes to improve customer satisfaction and work environment
- Direct client contact and regular communication in an advisory roll
- Created only consolidated client training manual for contact center agents
- Handled inside sales screening for hotel in-room entertainment computer systems
- Very active member of the company Activity Committee and Book Club – Planned all-staff holiday party and peer awards ceremony
eSpecialist (5/2001 – 10/2002)
- Provided customer support using web based tools, phone and email.
- Responsible for up selling, cross selling and assisting with sales closure
- Evolved to Subject Matter Expert (SME) and Manager on Duty (MOD)
- Applied technical aptitude to multiple accounts
- Technical troubleshooting via remote applications
- Very active in company event planning
2000 – 2001 – The Outdoor Network
Operations and Gear Review Coordinator
The Outdoor Network is an online forum for outdoor industry professionals with a newsletter and web presence. The website is the primary resource for news, information and employment opportunities for outdoor recreation educators and adventure travel owners, operators and managers.
- Office Management
- Subscription fulfillment
- Customer service representative
- Gear review coordination with manufacturers, testers and editors
- Web development: including banner ad creation, site maintenance, research, and content development.
1996 – 1999 – Travel & Recreation Program (TRiP)
Rock Climbing Coordinator and Student Director
The Travel and Recreation Program is one of the largest college/university outdoor recreation programs in the United States. TRiP’s primary function is to design, organize and lead outdoor adventure- and leisure-based trips structured to promote learning about the activity, others and oneself.
- Student Director 1999: leadership, organization budgeting, and vision
- Rock climbing training coordinator for Fall 1996, 1997 and 1999
- Rock climbing trip coordinator for Fall 1997 – 1999
- Planning, organizing, and leading backpacking, canoeing, climbing, horseback riding, and mountain biking trips
- Instructing training seminars and outdoor clinics for Leave No Trace practices
- Administrative paperwork and filing with State agencies.
Certifications and Honorariums:
- PADI, Open Water; NAUI/YMCA, Open Water II
- Rho Phi Lambda (Honorary fraternity: Recreation, Parks and Tourism)
- MS Windows 3.5 – XP Pro
- Mac 9 – OS X.x
Office Management Tools
- Avaya: CentreVu Supervisor
- Eudora Pro
- File Maker Pro
- Lotus Notes 6.5.3
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Outlook
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Microsoft Word
- Adobe GoLive
- Adobe Image Ready
- Adobe Photoshop 4+
- BB Edit
- FTP: Fetch, Robust FTP, WSFTP
- Text Editor
- Arvada Park Advisory Commission: Member (5/04 – 5/06)
- Jefferson County Open Space: Park
Patroller (4/03 – 12/03)
- CityWILD: Leader
- Rock Climbing (5.10 Sport to 5.mellow Trad)
- Backcountry, biking, camping, hiking, surfing, skiing, snow boarding, and snow shoeing
- Desktop fountain building
Willing and able to travel up to 25%. References available upon email or phone request.
Home | My Story | Interests | Pictures | Banner Ad Portfolio